1. Re-signing Michael Bennett was Huge. He even took a bit less money to play for the Seahawks, and one of the main reasons was the 12th Man.
2. It’s sad to see Golden Tate leave and play for a different team. He did so much for the Seahawks. But, the Seahawks can’t afford to pay Tate big money. Especially given the fact that the Seahawks are a run first team. If Percy Harvin can stay healthy, this loss should not be a problem next year.
3. If Sidney Rice re-signs, then I think the Seahawks are set at WR. I don’t think they would need to draft a WR. I think the WR’s will have some serious competition come Training Camp. Lots of depth.
4. Henry Melton (Rated the #2 Free Agent at the DT position) is visiting the Seahawks. This would be a huge addition for the defense. Vance Walker DT is also visiting the Seahawks. He started for the Raiders last year.
5. Jermichael Finley would help stretch the defense and would give Russell Wilson a receiving TE. It would be nice to be able to keep Miller. Might have to restructure Zach Miller’s contract for that to happen.
6. We could use a veteran DE to replace Chris Clemons. Maybe Jared Allen. But, don’t forget that Bruce Irvin could be playing a lot of the DE/LEO position.
7. O’Brien Schofield’s contract didn’t work out with the Giants because of a failed physical. It would be great if the Seahawks could bring him back. Good special teams player and can also rush the passer.
8. Re-signing Tavaris Jackson was big. One of the best backup QB’s in the league. If RW ever goes down, Jackson can step up and play without losing too much.
9. Watch for these 12 players to have breakout seasons for the Seahawks next year: Gregg Scruggs, Jordan Hill, Bruce Irvin, DeShawn Shead, Benson Mayowa, Christine Michael, James Carpenter, JR Sweezy, Ricardo Lockette, Taylor Price, Chris Mathews, Michael Bowie
10. Adam Schefter and Ian Rapoport know everything about the NFL and Free Agency.
11. It would be nice if we can sign Doug Baldwin long term.
12. In Pete and John we trust. They have a plan that will make sense in a few weeks. I think they will be able to sign a few players for good prices. Players want to play for Pete Carroll and will take a bit less money to get a great opportunity to get a SB ring. Watch for a DT, WR and possibly a DE to get signed in the next couple weeks.